I love New Years Eve; it’s my favorite day of the year, because you get a clean slate and a brand new start every year. I love New Year’s Resolutions too because I love taking the time to think about where I am, where I am going and how I need to alter the course. This year, I’ve decided to make a separate list for skydiving resolutions because it’s become such a big part of my life.
One of my friends who is very into setting goals and being held accountable, said “Hey! You should post your resolutions on your blog so you actually do them!” But, he was forgetting who he was talking to. I do not need to share my goals to keep me accountable (but I suppose it doesn’t hurt). I am going to work my hardest to get these done, whether or not you read this post.
I suppose I’m writing this more for you than me. Hopefully, this will give you a peek into what’s coming up this year.
Also, a little selfishly, I wrote this so that if I have a panic-attack-mental-breakdown-mid-summer-collapse because I took on a lot, I can point to this list as a reminder to others why I’m a weepy pile of tears at a tunnel event or why I look like I haven’t slept.
New Year’s Resolutions: 2019
- 4way Intermediate Gold
- 8way Advanced podium
- 2 4way events at Orange Skies (Preferably NSL events)
- Women’s Record CO
- Large Formation
- Stay current on Tandem Rating
- 2 WSLN events (outdoor)
- 1 WLSN event (indoor)
- 18 tunnel events
- At least two NSL 4way events
- Get regular tunnel coaching students (Maybe? If any baby birds want tunnel coaching, talk to me)
- Build up the marketing for Orange Skies (If your company is planning any team outings or corporate events and is interested in tandems, talk to me!)
- Publish 24(+) personal blogs
- Publish 24(+) OS blogs
- Get a sponsorship or a donor
So if you see me frantically typing up a blog, or sending out late night emails to coordinate tunnel events, or randomly walking around with my eyes closed flailing (visualizing skydives), just know I’m not crazy. I have a lot of big fish to fry in 2019.
Happy New Year, Y’all!